Dr. Bruno Giglio provides oral cancer screening to help diagnose oral cancer as early as possible. Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat, sinuses, and hard and soft palates. Like all cancers, oral cancer can be life-threatening if untreated. However, when diagnosed early, it is among the most treatable forms of cancer. Here at MI Smile Team, we offer oral cancer screenings as part of your regular dental exams so that we can diagnose and treat this condition at the earliest stage of development.
Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A persistent sore throat
- Feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Persistent or lasting sores on the face, neck or mouth that bleed easily and do not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness in your face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums, lips or other oral tissues
- Red, white, or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty when chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Changes in your bite or the fit of dentures
Please contact our office if you notice any of these symptoms, or if you experience dental pain or other unusual symptoms within your mouth. We are committed to helping you diagnose dental problems and regain your oral health.
Call us today at 586-254-3860 if you have any questions about oral cancer screening in Sterling Heights, Michigan, or would like to make an appointment with our experienced dentist.