A surgical tooth extraction requires an incision into the gum tissue to remove a tooth causing you trouble. This is a safe procedure Dr. Bruno Giglio can perform at MI Smile Team to restore the function and beauty of your smile. You may need a surgical tooth extraction in Sterling Heights, Michigan, if you have:
- Severely decayed teeth
- A cracked-open tooth
- Thin and irregularly shaped tooth roots
- A tooth broken into multiple pieces
- Impacted teeth causing your teeth to not grow in properly
When performing this extraction, we will make sure to:
- Go over your medical history and see what current medications you are using, to help lower the risk of extraction site bleeding.
- Offer local anesthesia to minimize pain and enjoy a comfortable dental experience.
- Place in a gauze safety net to make sure you do not accidentally swallow the tooth during removal.
- Remove the tooth and perform a socket preservation if necessary.
- Apply pressure with a gauze pad to stop and control the bleeding.
After we finish up, we will provide post-op instructions on how to take care of yourself in the recovery process. If you have any questions about this process and would like to schedule an appointment, please contact our dentist at 586-254-3860.