Need to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth?
Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to grow into your smile and form at the corners of your mouth. Because they erupt last, there is often not enough room for them to properly grow as they should, and they often come in at an angle. When this is the case, our dentist and team highly recommend wisdom teeth removal to prevent:
- Severe tooth decay or an infection
- Possible damage to your nerves, jawbone or neighboring teeth
- Pain or swelling in your jaw
- Cysts and tumors
- Gum disease
- Food particles getting stuck underneath your molars
For this procedure, Dr. Bruno Giglio provides local anesthesia to numb the area and make sure it is a comfortable process. After you have received this anesthetic, he will perform the incision and clean out the site once the molars are removed. We will then stitch up the wounded area and place a gauze pad to help control the bleeding.
What To Expect After Surgery
- Avoid consuming caffeine, alcohol and hot beverages
- Apply ice to your cheeks to minimize swelling
- Take the prescribed medication as directed to help with pain and discomfort
- Do not drink beverages with a straw
- Eat soft foods like yogurt
- Replace gauze frequently to control bleeding
- Do not touch the wounded area
If you have any questions about wisdom teeth removal in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and would like to schedule an appointment here at MI Smile Team, please call us at 586-254-3860.