Congratulations for successfully completing your Invisalign® treatment. To keep your teeth in their new position, we will provide you with a set of upper and lower retainers at the end of your treatment. You will start wearing your retainers for 22 hours out of the day for a course of three months until your bone has adjusted. After you hit the three-month mark, you will be responsible to wear your retainers to bed every night.
When You Should Replace Your Retainers
If you have single sets of retainers, you may have trouble keeping your smile aligned overtime. Signs you are ready for a new retainer include:
- You lost or damaged your retainer.
- You went past the recommend two-year replacement timeframe.
- Your retainer feels loose or uncomfortable.
- You want to have an extra set of retainers as a backup.
- You have too much calcium built up in your retainer.
- Your retainer has small cracks in it.
Having and properly wearing a retainer is the best way to prevent reversal of your treatment.
The Most Effective Retainer Option: Vivera® Retainers
Vivera retainers are a set of four clear retainers made to fit comfortably over your teeth. These retainers are:
- Discreet, giving you a subtle appearance.
- Removeable and have easy maintenance.
- Easy to replace if you lose a pair.
- Very durable and long-lasting.
- Custom made to fit your smile.
All you need to do is come in for a final appointment with our dentist and team to receive a set of Vivera retainers. During your visit, Dr. Bruno Giglio will check to see if Vivera retainers are right for you along with a set of instructions for you to review.
To schedule a time with us here at MI Smile Team and learn more about Vivera retainers in Sterling Heights, Michigan, please call us at 586-254-3860.